Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Becker Vineyards 2004 Cabernet-Syrah


Ironically, my first wine post is not a review of a California red blend, but a Texas red blend. I rarely buy Texas wines, but I grabbed this one just for something new at the local super. Plus, ya know, it was already open. Let's start with the basics:
Be prepared for me to get all gushy about this one. I bought out the store after I tried my first bottle. The wine feels really balanced, not too sweet and not too fruity. I get great dark berry flavors without a lot of alcohol or grape-viney taste. I think the bouquet predicts a meatier flavor than the medium hit you get. Also it's not quite as spicy as I go for. I paired it with stove top popcorn and the first episode of Starblazers for a full faceted sensory extravaganza. I give it five chainrings!

The next post will head to California below the $10 latitude. Drink and be well.

No comments: