Saturday, March 22, 2008

Forchini Beausierra 2004

Another bottle from a Whole Foods wine run earlier this month. This is a bit of a stealth wine in that the label kinda says "I'm an Italian wine", when in fact this wine if from California. Jeez, just look at the name of thing for goodness sakes. When the father of that guy in Breaking Away was sick of eating Italian food, he said, "I know I-tey food when I hear it! It's all them "eenie" foods... zucchini... and linguini... and fettuccine." Or in this case - Forchini.

Of course, it's not only from California, it's also a blend - mostly Cabernet.

The Beausierra smelled a little flowery in the glass. Or maybe all the wildflowers coming up around Texas have seeped into my consciousness. Time to drink!

Fruity start, a little viney in the middle, a really nice sweet smoky finish that feels good in the mouth. Sounds a lot like my pre-ride for the Warda race today. Not my favorite wine, but pretty good, so I give it two chainrings. Drink well.

No comments: